The Super Bowl never fails to surprise the world with its halftime show, and in its 58th edition, it did not disappoint. Usher, the American singer, was chosen to captivate the audience with a barrage of hits.
After months of anticipation, the official confirmation of the show came through an exciting Instagram post, where Usher expressed his excitement for the opportunity to perform at the Super Bowl. “It is the honor of my life to finally have a Super Bowl performance checked off my bucket list. I can’t wait to give the world a show unlike anything they’ve seen from me before,” said the artist.
The long-awaited Sunday arrived, and Usher descended the stairs of a circular stage at Allegiant Stadium in Paradise, Nevada. With a 360-degree view, the singer set out to summarize 30 years of his career in just 13 minutes. From the beginning, he set the stage on fire with “Superstars” and continued with hits like “Love in This Club.”
Surprises were not lacking, as Alicia Keys joined Usher on stage to perform their 2004 hit “My Boo” together. The audience went wild for this collaboration and reminisced about previous spectacular performances, such as those by Shakira and Jennifer Lopez, The Weeknd, and Rihanna.
The journey through Usher’s hits continued with “These Are My Confessions” and “Got It Bad.” But the most exciting reunion was with rapper will.i.am to revive “O.M.G.” Lil Jon also joined in to take us back over a decade with the hit “Turn Down For What.”
Usher’s show left no one indifferent, including celebrities like Justin Bieber, Hailey, and Taylor Swift, who were among the 65,000 excited people witnessing the spectacle. Although Usher secured a large sum of money thanks to his participation in the Super Bowl, the earnings do not come directly from the event but from reactions on social media and digital platform streams.
The Super Bowl halftime show has always been an iconic stage for musical artists, and Usher joined the elite group of talented artists who have had the privilege of lighting up the stage. Only one artist, Michael Jackson, has been paid for his participation in the halftime show.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who was chosen to perform the halftime show at Super Bowl number 58?
A: Usher, the American singer, was selected to perform the halftime show at Super Bowl number 58.
2. How was Usher’s participation in the show officially confirmed?
A: The official confirmation of the show came through an exciting Instagram post by Usher.
3. Where did the halftime show take place?
A: The halftime show took place at Allegiant Stadium in Paradise, Nevada.
4. Which singers joined Usher on stage?
A: Alicia Keys and will.i.am joined Usher on stage.
5. What songs did Usher perform during his act?
A: Usher performed several hits, including “Love in This Club,” “These Are My Confessions,” and “Got It Bad.”
6. Which celebrities were present to witness the spectacle?
A: Justin Bieber, Hailey, and Taylor Swift were among the 65,000 people present.
7. How did Usher generate earnings from his participation in the Super Bowl?
A: Usher’s earnings do not come directly from the event but from reactions on social media and digital platform streams.
Key Term Definitions:
– Super Bowl: It is the championship game of the National Football League (NFL) in the United States, considered one of the most important sporting events worldwide.
– Halftime Show: It is the musical spectacle that takes place during the halftime of the Super Bowl, characterized by the participation of famous artists.
– Allegiant Stadium: It is a football stadium located in Paradise, Nevada, primarily used by the NFL team, the Las Vegas Raiders.
Suggested Related Links:
Official Super Bowl website
Billboard – Leading music magazine
Usher’s Instagram Profile